SHORT STAYS IN TERRES D'AMANAR
4 days / 3 nights (2 - 1/2 on horseback)
Activity : Equestrian Stay
Level : From beginner to advanced
Comfort : Hotel or semi hard tent
Family : From 6 years old
In the Terres d'Amanar, a few steps from Marrakech, the equestrian center in the heart of the site offers you stays turned for those who wish to go horseback riding. The site offers many other activities to allow you to come with your family and thus satisfy the non-riders.
The equestrian center's cavalry is adapted to welcome beginners as well as the most experienced riders. Horseback riding here is oriented towards the outdoors. Of course, a career will allow you to acquire the minimum base to go out on the surrounding paths and trails. A panel of strolls allows you different tracks over practically the week. Located in the heart of the Berber country, it is also a trip that this stay will make you live.
- Near to the airport of Marrakech (40mn)
- In a site in a natural plain at the foot of the Atlas Mountains.
- Many other outdoor activities for the non-riders who accompany you.
- A comfortable Ecolodge or Lodge tent for smaller budgets.
- Experienced horses and instructors to progress on horseback.
- Outdoor-oriented horseback riding.
SHORT STAYS IN TERRES D'AMANAR
These stays are "made to measure" on request, they are open all year round. Rates below calculated for a stay of 4 days and 3 nights with 2 and a half days of riding.
On request the stays can be modulated on more or less days.
Rates from 3 nights
In a double Lodge tent: 468€.
In Lodge 1 double room: 540€.
For rates 3 nights + contact us
Group rates from 4 on request.
PRICES DETAILS :
- The above rates do not include flights from Marrakech on the basis of a double room.
- It is quite possible to plan one or two extra days or even more: 125€ per day and per person on the basis of a double lodge tent.
- 140€ per day and per person on the basis of a standard double room in Lodge.
- Groups are composed of 1 to 8 riders maximum.
- Tent Lodge single room: 21€/night all seasons
- Lodge single room: 32 €.
If you register alone and we do not have other riders to share your room, a single room supplement will be charged.
If you are willing to share and we find a rider to share with you, then this supplement will be refunded.
Child discount : These child discounts are only valid if and only if the room is shared with 2 paying adults.
Discount for children of 12 years old, non rider, sharing a room with their parents: -105€.
Discount for children 12 years old rider, sharing a room with their parents: 50? discount.
Discount third bed (+ 12 years old) sharing the room: -45€.
Possibility to stay in a "lodge tent" with shared sanitary block: 60€ discount per person (Adult).
Possibility to stay in a family Lodge (from 4 adults). Please contact us.
Groups are composed of a maximum of 10 riders.
Optional site activities are payable on site. Or consult us for a program prepared at preferential rates.
The itinerary may be modified at anytime for security reasons, meteorological or events beyond our control such as blocked roads, rivers in flood, drought, strikes and local holidays. Equus Journeys, our local partners and their local guides will always strive to find the best solution and will alter the itinerary as needed.
The names of the hotels and accommodation are given for information only and depending on availability, they may be modified without notice and replaced by another of a similar standard.
OUR PRICE INCLUDES :
1 French-speaking Moroccan tour guide.
1 horse with full harness per rider for the two and a half days of riding.
Minibus to reach the Terres d'Amanar from Marrakech.
Type of accommodation
3 nights in Lodge simple base 01 double room.
Full board from dinner on day 01 to breakfast on D4.
Filtered water or in case of mineral water served during the equestrian outings.
Collective pharmacy (first aid).
- Single room supplement.
- Family lodge from 4 adults. Please contact us.
- Tent Lodge. Please contact us.
At the airport of Marrakech. Other arrivals please consult us.
OUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
Cancellation, Interruption and Repatriation Insurance.
Visits of Marrakech during free time.
All other activities on the site of Terres d'Amanar.
Lunch on D1 and D4 (depending on your flight schedules).
Drinks and personal extras.
Tips local teams.
Possibility of privatization. Please contact us.
Day 1 : FRANCE - MARRAKECH - ATLAS MOUNTAIN - 2h riding.
Accommodation : LODGE or Tente LODGE
Reception at the airport in Marrakech or Marrakech.
Free lunch (possibility to take it on site for an extra charge). At the beginning of the afternoon, depending on your level, back in the saddle (or first lesson) and first outing on the domain to get to know your mounts and your level. Return at sunset for dinner and night on the domain.
Day 2 : TOUBKAL & PLAINE OF HAOUZ - 4 to 5H riding
Accommodation : LODGE or Tente LODGE
After breakfast in front of the superb view of the mountains and Marrakech, go to the riding school to find your mounts. Ascent by a forest road to reach a pass which dominates the site and the valley of Asni. Beautiful view of the Toubkal massif in the South, the Haouz plain in the North and the Kik plateaus in the West. Descent by a wide track to the Ghighaia river. Picnic under the Aleppo pines at the water's edge.
Back to the domain in the afternoon, several itineraries are available depending on our condition.
Day 3 :FOREST AND VALLEY OF IRAKEN - 4 to 5H riding
Accommodation : LODGE or Tente LODGE
Today we are going in a completely different direction towards the East. From the site a small winding path leads you down the valley. You will be able to admire the traditional architecture in a beautiful succession of dry stone and adobe villages. Then you take a wide path ideal for some trots and gallops, it goes up towards a very beautiful forest of pines of Aleppo.
Lunch at the top under the pines, with a magnificent view of the whole Tahnnaoute valley and the Haouz plain.
In the afternoon we attack by a small mule track, sometimes impressive, in the shade of the pines which climbs on the heights to reach a track. It takes us back to the village of Outghal at the foot of the Terres d'Amanar. Very beautiful view of the Oukaimeden chain, the ski resort of Marrakech! Ascent in a superb canyon by a mule track that leads under the big zip lines of the site.
Day 4 : ATLAS MOUNTAIN - MARRAKECH - FRANCE
If you arrived in the afternoon of Day 1, last morning on horseback. Free lunch, possible for an extra charge at the estate. In the afternoon, transfer to the airport for your return flight or to the center of Marrakech for the continuation of your stay.
EXTENSIONS: We can organize your extension in a hotel or riad in Marrakech or any other city, a customized program by car, on foot to discover Morocco. Do not hesitate to contact us.
Possibility on request of longer or shorter stays.
Bearded stallion horses and bearded Arabs, selected and trained by our team, enduring, lively and docile. They are admirably adapted to the paths of the High Atlas: small sure-footed and big-hearted, their gaits are raised. Height at the withers: 1.45 m to 1.55 m.
They will amaze you on this hike by their resistance on sometimes the most difficult paths... You will come back for them!
THE HORSES AND LEVEL
Minimum technical requirements
We accept all levels of riders on these trips. You can come and make your "first steps" with us. We guarantee you a learning process adapted to your physical capacities and a playful approach to horse riding to acquire serious bases. Riders over 90kg and over 1m95 must consult us before registration.
Please specify your level when you register.
We make groups of level of course so that each one goes at its own rhythm.
Each level will have adapted paces. While experts are more fond of trotting and galloping, beginners will be more in step outdoors until they learn the paces in their career.
Autonomy and participation
Your equestrian stay is also a relationship that you are going to build with your companion... The participation of each is required to groom, saddle, bridle and loosen his horse. You can participate according to your wishes in the care of the horses (distribution of water and food).
Level and experience required
Good physical condition is always preferable for riding. Do not hesitate before your stay to do some walks or other sport sessions. A riding session is really sport!
Tailor-made hiking saddles, very practical saddlebags are available.
Bombs or helmets are not mandatory but strongly recommended. Our partner has a few bombs, but preferably bring your own equipment. In case of request, please do so when you register.
SHORT STAYS IN TERRES D'AMANAR
In Lodge: Ecolodge great comfort. Lodge single (01 room) max 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children, or double (2 rooms) max 5 adults or 4 adults and 02 children.
In Lodge Tent: Semi hard tent in single, double, triple or quadruple. Collective sanitary facilities.
Copious dinners, picnic at noon or at the restaurant (for those who do not make a full day out) Moroccan cuisine in general.
According to the season it is very different but all year round it is pleasant:
Winter from December to February:
Cold at night and pleasant during the day ... Ideal for horseback riding! The periods of bad weather are always very short. In the heart of winter rain rarely turns into snow but it can happen.
Spring: From March to May:
The best season to admire the sparkling nature... barley and wheat fields sprinkled with flowers. The temperature starts to rise during the day (30°) but remains cool in the morning and in the evening. One of the most beautiful seasons in the middle mountains.
Summer: from June to mid-September:
The site is at an altitude of 1100 meters and the temperature always remains reasonable even in the middle of summer. The maximums observed are from 38° to noon. The walks are done in the morning and late afternoon. The hot hours are generally spent by the pool. In summer at the foot of the Atlas Mountains, long and heavy rains are rare but not non-existent. In summer showers or thunderstorms are on some daily periods. They never last long and protect us from the sun in the afternoon! But global warming makes all standards obsolete!
Autumn: from mid-September to November:
Very nice season where the first rains usually appear at the end of October. The days are pleasant without the heat of summer. The lights are beautiful and give their best shine to the landscapes.
Local Team Guide
French / English-speaking Moroccan equestrian guides assisted by grooms.
It is customary, as a sign of thanks, to give a tip to the local teams. You can foresee about 30€ / 40€ for the whole team.
- A riding helmet: it is seriously recommended and often mandatory. Manufacturers (GPA, HKM, LAS Helmets, Lamicell, Troxel, Equithème...) offer today ventilated, solid and light riding helmets, pleasant under all latitudes. There are also protective shells to put under your hat (Ranch & Rider, Lexington Safety Products) or western helmets (Troxel).
- Cap or hat for the sun (essential)
- A bandana, scarf or chèche to protect the neck or face from dust and sunlight
- A pair of high protection sunglasses
- A hat or hood in early spring and late fall.
- Thermal underwear (april & october).
- Cotton T-shirts + long-sleeved shirts (for protection against the sun) or T-shirts made of quick-drying technical materials.
- 1 light fleece or equivalent
- 1 warm fleece or equivalent (From November to mid-Februar).
- 1 warm Goretex-type jacket (waterproof and breathable) (From December to mid-Februar)
- 2 riding breeches or long leather chaps
- 1 spare pair of pants (hiking or jeans or equivalent)
- 1 swimsuit may be useful (swimming, toilet)
- Cotton or non-irritating synthetic underwear
Feet and Hands
- 1 pair of light walking shoes (essential for the ascent of the pass) with chaps or boots with specific mini-chaps for riding
- 1 pair of sneakers or equivalent light shoes for the evening.
- Several pairs of socks
- 1 pair of gloves to protect yourself from the sun, cold and rubbin
Little tricks on horseback
- Soothing cream very useful in the corners of your intimacy irritated by long hours on horseback.
- Nothing on your back, everything in your jacket or a banana on your belly: lipstick,sunscreen, passport, small camera or mini camera (waterproof), cords, glasses... more accessible than fonts.
- Riding backpacks are not allowed
- Sleeping bag warm comfort 2 °/-5 ° (April/ May / September / October) and light from mid-June to mid-September.
- We also advise you to double this one with a meat bag which will be very useful on hot nights.
- Soft travel bag/case
- 2 metal cans of 1 liter or equivalent
- Headlamp, batteries and spare bulbs
- Toilet kit (biodegradable wipes to replace water, micropur...)
- Toilet paper + lighter to burn it after use
- A Swiss Army knife or equivalent (in the hold!!)
- Small paper bags to throw in the trash can
- Earplugs can be useful for those who would have light sleep as a roommate.
- Camera (with a spare battery)
- A pair of binoculars possiblyt
As a precaution, list your drug allergies in your pharmacy.
- Personal medications
- 1 Broad-spectrum antibiotic
- Aspirin or paracetamol
- Anti Diarrhea
- Vitamin C
- Highly protective sun cream for lips and skin
- Eye drops
- Moisturizing cream for after sun.
- A roll of plaster
- A 10 cm wide adhesive elastic band
- A box of bandages is
- Ready-to-use disinfectant pouches
- Micropur or Hydroclonazone tablets to disinfect water
- An anti-mosquito cream and spray